ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have an 88 350 moto 4 that starts and idles great. If you try to rev the engine at idle it just dies. If you ease into the throttle it will rev up but it sputters. While riding it backfires through the carb and just does'nt have the power it should. It seems to do a little better if you choke it while riding but it still backfires. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone. I have an 88 350 moto 4 that starts and idles great. If you try to rev the engine at idle it just dies. If you ease into the throttle it will rev up but it sputters. While riding it backfires through the carb and just does'nt have the power it should. It seems to do a little better if you choke it while riding but it still backfires. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I put a zoom zoom carb on my 87 and it has 15% more power. It still will bog down with 0 to 100% throttle. When its warmed up it does not do it. There was some modifications with the carb. You have to abandon the old choke and shorten/ cut the throttle stem on the new carb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts