ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '93 polaris trail boss 350 liquid cooled 4x4, I got it from my brother who is a Not-so-accomplished wrench turner. Well when I got it from him, he had told me that the "Ignition Coil" was the reason the engine turns and turns, but will not fire. I of course tried to crank it, and sure enough, sounds like no fire, I stripped all the body panels, and checked the coil "The Screwdriver Method" and it was firing like crazy. So I think it is fairly safe to exclude the coil as the culprit. I pulled the plug, and it was BAD. all gummy and the "Hook and the Pin" were making contact. I took gasoline and a wire brush and cleaned it up, and tried to crank again. Motor turns and turns, but sounds like no fire... I am going to try getting a spark plug for it, but is there anything else I should be looking for ?

Thanks guys, new to owning a ATV and want to get it back in good order.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where I am now

I got a new plug and it is firing like crazy. But the top pf my piston appears dry. I took the carb out and stripped it down and cleaned it out, and same thing. So I am assuming the piece between my carb and the firing chamber has to be some sort of intake/exaust valves. I guess that is my next stop. I am not very experienced with ATV engines, and not sure if my line of thinking is correct or not . . .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts