ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to adjust shifter linkage for '95 Xplorer? 4X4 light will not come on unless I push the shifter forward about an 1/8 of an inch. Works ok in reverse. Not sure if it is adjustable.
Thanks

·
Banned
377 Posts
shiftage...

This is for a 2000 / F250, but it is probably the same...Hope it helps...:thumbsup:

The job is very easy and only requires a flash light, torques tip screw driver, and 1/4" wrench that fits on to the end of the torques tip screw driver for leverage, and a little lock-tite and/or some clear nail polish.

Remove the fuse panel that is underneath the steering wheel, craw sideways under the console, use the flash light to illuminate the end of the gear shifter that is right above the steering shaft and you will see the 2 torques screws that are loose.

Remove one at a time, and clean it with a little alcohol in order to remove any oil and/or lubricant. Apply a drop of lock-tite and/or clear nail polish on the threads and reinstall the crew without completely tightening it. Proceed to accomplish the same on the second crew, and when they are both in use your 1/4" wrench in order to tighten the crews to your maximum ability.

Just underneath this assembly, you will find a fine adjustment knob that will allow you to fine-tune the center of the shifter needle on the shifter panel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I'll change it out this weekend, by the diagram it doesn't seem like too many options. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has this been fixed? If so, how?

Does anyone know how to adjust shifter linkage for '95 Xplorer? 4X4 light will not come on unless I push the shifter forward about an 1/8 of an inch. Works ok in reverse. Not sure if it is adjustable.
Thanks
I had the same issue. I replaced my switch inside the gear slector. That didn't help. I too am just bought the cub bearing, hoping it will fix the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts