ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

The seal that the cv axle goes into is missing...what is this seal called? is there a bearing in there as well? should i replace it?

thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Komodo, I can't answer your question, but I know where your question can be answered. Go to Yamaha-motor.com which is for anything Yamaha related website. You'll need to sign up/password to gain instant access. From there click on "Outdoor" near the top of page to access for ATV's, then click on "Parts & Service" and enter the usual---vehicle type/model/year(watch out between 2-wheel and 4-wheel and click on correct model type) that will be needed to get into the parts breakdown fische. It will also have factory part numbers to go along with the part. I just acquired a '98 Big Bear and I needed to see if it had a oil filter as I couldn't see one---yep, sure does, but without finding the fische and the oil pump breakdown, I would of never known that this ATV had a oil filter or where it was even located. I've done lots of picture/parts numbers printing out just to have onhand if something goes bad. Sometimes what the general public calls a particular part, the factory will call it something else.
Delbert

1 - 2 of 2 Posts