ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi yall, first time post here and I'm looking for some help. The starter solenoid on my es rapidly clicks when trying to start my machine. So im assuming it's bad, but here are the other tests I have run so far for diagnosis. I crossed a screw driver across both posts of the solenoid while trying to start the machine and got nothing. With a volt meter I can see I'm getting power to the solenoid from the battery. When I press the ignition with the volt meter on the starter I get no voltage to the starter, just clicks from my solenoid. However, since I figured the solenoid was bad and I needed the 4-wheeler for yard work I figured I'd just pull the recoil and start it the old fashioned way. Starts first pull, only problem is it won't shift. It doesn't even attempt to shift no click or nothing. The lights don't work either. The dash works fine but nothing else electronic seems to work. Any helpful diagnosis would be much appreciated. All the fuses look fine so im kinda stumped.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Right off the bat check your battery. If you jump the main starter relay posts the starter should crank.
If it doesn't, I'd say your battery is history. Could also explain your shifting problems.

Mad

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So im getting 10 volts out of the battery, id assume that should be enough to start it or do I need a full 12. I've also tried starting it with the charger on the battery and it does the same thing.

·
Registered
302 Posts
10 volts means you have a bad cell. That battery is junk. If your quad is fuel injected there's no
way it will fire. Even if its carb, as soon as you try to start it, you'll lose more voltage. A good battery is
typically around 12.8 v static. Li Ion usually are at 13.3 v

Mad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts