ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 sportsman 500 and it has gone through two right rear axles and one left rear. Can someone please tell me why this keeps happining.:confused:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Try Gorilla Axles shafts.....

I can't understand it myself, but i'm thinking maybe the builders are not doing as good as job as they should be...heck my ATV had 15 miles on it and it had to be replaced. My answer is going to be try Gorilla shafts their suppose to be one of the best out there and their built strong....!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
more info needed, like boots ripping, how big of tires, how are they breaking just driving down trail or in a mud hole. original axles or newer axles

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 98 sportsman 500 and it has gone through two right rear axles and one left rear. Can someone please tell me why this keeps happining.:confused:
I've just purchased a 97 Xplorer 500... same chassis and drive train as the 96-98 Sportsman. I've ordered Quadrax rear axles (that include CV's verse the U-Joint) for a 99 Sportsman as well as the wheel bearing hubs, I'm going to upgrade mine. A friend of mine had a shop do this upgrade on his 98 Sportsman to get rid of the U-Joints as his would not last a season. Can't see why it won't work on mine... Motorsport shop that I ordered the parts from said it will work just fine and said they have done a few of them with no problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts