ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 sportsman, for some reason the thing wont stop. When it is idleing it will keep creeping forward. Almost like the clutches are sticking???? It makes it a big problem because it wont let you shift gears cuz of the pressure its puting on it. I have bin told clutch alignment. but i haveint touched anything so why would it me miss aligned?

·
Banned
377 Posts
Sportsman....

The clutch belts wear out over time.....some quads the belts wear a hole in the plastic cover and that allows water to get in there....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
clutches

Did you have to just rebuild the clutchs? Both of them ? primary and secondary?. would a polaris snowmobile clutch work?

·
Banned
377 Posts
I have a 99 sportsman, for some reason the thing wont stop. When it is idleing it will keep creeping forward. Almost like the clutches are sticking???? It makes it a big problem because it wont let you shift gears cuz of the pressure its puting on it. I have bin told clutch alignment. but i haveint touched anything so why would it me miss aligned?
This video is pretty helpful....:thumbsup:
Identify Bad Clutch Belts on a Polaris ATV: Polaris ATV Maintenance & Repair Tips | eHow.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts