ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new here and need help. My son has a 99 king quad 300 ltf. The thing is real hard to start at the beginning of the day or if it sits for a few hours. What I need to do is put my hand over the mouth of the carb and wind the thing over for at least ten seconds and then hold the throttle wide open then its starts. After it burns off the excess fuel it runs fine all day, no problems. The carb is cleaned with new jets and needle and seat. Also has a new plug. I'm lost because it seems I need to flood the bike to get it going or I'm reading something not right. Any thoughts or direction I can be pointed. Me and my boy are real frustrated!! Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you're absolutely sure the carb is cleaned good, then I would try adjusting the valve clearance. Sometimes, the valves will tighten up and you will loose valve clearance. This makes the valves not seal good when they're cold.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we have a winner

Hello Helmut. You hit the nail on the head my freind. About a week ago after trying everything I could I checked the valves because of a noise I thought was "loose valves". Turns out the intake valve was tight. I loosened the valve off and now You hardly touch the start button and "boom"! starts every time. I wish This problem was solved months ago but better late than never!! Thanks for your info. PS. Still worried about the noise but it does run gooood

·
Registered
15 Posts
99 king quad hard start

mine was hard to start too.then stator went ,being done next week.but mine started just like yours dmac,throttle wide choke half on.i will let you know about stator later....99 king quad 300.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts