ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks need some trouble shooting help. The carb was leaking gas, so I bought a kit and rebuilt it. I didn't have any instructions other than the diagram to go by. Kept the original main jet and pilot jet. Replaced the needle and seat and replaced the fuel screw. The carb bowl is getting gas, but the gas is not making its way into the engine/cylinder. What am I missing.? Does the fuel screw have a setting? I have threaded it all the way back into the carb and the tip of it is protruding into the air horn? I am wondering if this is the problem if, I shouldn't back this out a few turns or what? I don't know what the idle circuit for this carb is or anything else. I thought I would simply replace the leaky rubber and that would be it, but I may be missing a setting?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I figured it out, I had the fuel screw down all the way which is a "no-no", Backed it off a bunch of turns and it starts, runs. I wish I knew how far it needs to be backed off, I guessed and am either a good guesser or Im close?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I usually screw them all the way in and back off 1.5 turns then start it and adjust from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts