ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 99 yamaha warrior 350cc the problem i have is i cant get it to start when its cold if it does fire up i have to feather the throttle to keep it running once it gets hot it will idle fine but wont rev up just back fires but when its cold u can rev it up with no problems it just wont idle what should i check??
]

thnxs

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
my buddy had a problem that was similar, he took the carb apart and rebuilt it and it corrected the problem. but he abused the bike by not cleaning the air filter and it gummed up the carb. it was also a old 300ex. my dad said check the timing repair manuals at your local dealer should have all the proper info on that. i have on everthing i own and they save time and looking up and waiting for torq specs to timing settings. good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i hade a broken jet in the carb the one right at the opening of the body and the fuel pump was siezed the dowel that moves up and down to squirt fuel the the broken jet so i fixed them then it was idling fine but wouldnt rev up i red the post about the parking brake problem holding on the governor played with the wires on the parking brake all of a sudden she reved up now it seems fine so illput it back together and hope for the best
thnxs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts