ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son's 90cc Kolpin starts, idles fine. No power. I checked air and fuel filters...there good and tried new gas. All gas lines appear to be good. The plug actually looks nice (no build-up). I tried a new one just in case...no better. Acts like it's starving for gas. Any suggestins?

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
My son's 90cc Kolpin starts, idles fine. No power. I checked air and fuel filters...there good and tried new gas. All gas lines appear to be good. The plug actually looks nice (no build-up). I tried a new one just in case...no better. Acts like it's starving for gas. Any suggestins?
did it just start this out of nowhere? HAve you checked in the carb. my sons dirt bike did this cause the air filter fell of and it got dirt in the carb. i took apart and cleaned ran fine after and it done the same thing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sprayed the carb...didn't work. I didn't actually try removing/cleaning yet...maybe I'll try that next.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check the spark arrester in the muffler it should be held in with a Phillips screw. After you remove it try starting and see how it acts.
That did it! The spark arrester was plugged solid with carbon and oil. Thank you saber6...my son is having a great easter!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts