ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kawasaki KLF-400 atv (I think 1999 model), the air duct part that goes from the air filter to the carburetor doesn't quite reach both ends.

I'm thinking connect it securely at the carburetor, and use a rubber pipe union (the kind used to connect pvc drain pipes in home plumbing) at the air filter housing side.

Has anyone run into this sort of thing before?

A long option is to disassemble ... Remove back fender as the manual suggests, and remove the air filter compartment and re install, maybe it has shifted.

Any ideas are appreciated. Btw, the atv had been running for quite some time this way, I'm guessing getting lots of dust into the engine, thankfully engine still seems ok!

·
Registered
115 Posts
If it has the stock airbox inlet tube and it doesn't reach the carb, there is something very wrong. I'd suspect that the airbox isn't in the proper position. Check that first before adding in some kind of tube

Mad

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, thanks. I'll do that in the spring. It's more than I wanted to disassemble, but it may also be time to replace hoses and other things too. The service manual is nice, but the photos are sometimes hard to make out, and it's written for someone who's done it many times and can fill in the details.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts