ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, might as well start my membership here with a question! lol So, I have a 1992 Honda TRX300FW that I'm currently running stock size rims, wrapped in ITP Mud lite at's with about 25% tread left... I do a LOT of trail riding (around here, mostly mud, water, and hard-pack clay which get's REALLY freakin slick!), and also for this winter, I took an old cub cadet snow plow, fabbed up a mount for it, and am planning on plowing my 400' lane, which is at a medium grade....

So now that you know that, here's the deal.... i was at my local honda dealer on tues. picking up a new air filter, in-line fuel filter, and a few other things... while there, I decided to ask the guy about tires.. after showing me about 3-4 diff. sets of tires, he shows me this 'display' they have, that has 6 sets of Carlisle HD Field Trax tires mounted on ITP SS Rims.. the size is actually 12" rim, and after doing some measuring, the tires will work on my bike w/out any modifications.... Here's the kicker, these are BRAND NEW, and he quoted me the price of $295 out the door! So, now the question is, has anyone run these tires or know of anyone running them? While it is a great deal (I think) I also don't wanna spend that money and find out the tires suck! Thanks in advance, and sorry this was so long winded...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, real quick note... I do NOT want another set of AT's, as I've had all kinds of issues on the wet clay around here trying to grab traction... the compound is just too stiff and doesn't have enough surface patch contact.... Don't have the money for a set of XTR's, and besides, I wanted a bigger rim anyhow to give me that little bit extra ground clearance,and to make it easier to find replacement tires in the future...

·
Registered
17 Posts
That model is a 3ply tire...that's why their cheap. I've run the Carlisle AT489 before, good traction, but again their 3ply and they puncture easier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts