ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I am new to the field. I bought a 2006 ATV and I have a pz27 carburetor installed in it and I want to upgrade to a pz30. I have another question there is not so much power to the ATV is it barely travels 15 miles per hour. Anyone have an idea what could cause this? And another problem is that sometimes the rpm goes up really high just without touching the ATV and only when you turn off the ATV it calms down. I tried to adjust the fuel screw and air screw and it did not really help

·
Registered
64 Posts
You could test ride it a bit more and take note of how it behaves at different rev/speeds and throttle openings. Does it start up easily, hot and cold? Does it smoke? When you say it won't go above a certain speed, are you sure it's the speed? It's more probably a certain rev, or a certain amount of power that it's being limited to. If you put it in first and give it throttle what exactly does it do, then if you try coaxing it along in third gear, what exactly does it do? Is it limited by revs, or torque required?

The speeding up could be as simple as not enough free-play in the throttle cable, or it could be a sign of a worn out motor. The same can be said about the lack of power.

I'd check the throttle play, the compression, that the carby was fitted correctly and that the manifold isn't leaking air. Then I'd test it. Then I'd check the fuel flow to the carby, and that the exhaust wasn't blocked.
If those tings are correct, I'd take the carby off and clean it and check it's jet sizes are right for the bike.

First though.. I'd check the compression, and probably valve clearance if I wasn't certain the compression was good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could test ride it a bit more and take note of how it behaves at different rev/speeds and throttle openings. Does it start up easily, hot and cold? Does it smoke? When you say it won't go above a certain speed, are you sure it's the speed? It's more probably a certain rev, or a certain amount of power that it's being limited to. If you put it in first and give it throttle what exactly does it do, then if you try coaxing it along in third gear, what exactly does it do? Is it limited by revs, or torque required?

The speeding up could be as simple as not enough free-play in the throttle cable, or it could be a sign of a worn out motor. The same can be said about the lack of power.

I'd check the throttle play, the compression, that the carby was fitted correctly and that the manifold isn't leaking air. Then I'd test it. Then I'd check the fuel flow to the carby, and that the exhaust wasn't blocked.
If those tings are correct, I'd take the carby off and clean it and check it's jet sizes are right for the bike.

First though.. I'd check the compression, and probably valve clearance if I wasn't certain the compression was good.
Hi thanks so much for the reply. Indeed the engine smokes white smoke and the ATV does not appear to have been treated properly. I was able to adjust the speed and rpm a bit and now it travels better. I wanted to ask if the ATV has the most filter oil in the engine and is there a gear oil or do they share the same oil?

·
Registered
64 Posts
You should download the service manual for it. That will tell you when and where to change the oil, and what sort of oil. There will be a manual on this site most likely.. look under "downloads"..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts