ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought what is suppose to be a 2006 arctic cat 500 automatic without the title. The vin is 4UF05ATV95T255002. I'm guessing it's actually a 2005? Can anyone tell me the exact year and model? I am new to this forum and need to order some parts. I will need a new muffler which I think is part number 0512-180. This seems to be no longer available. Anyone know another one that will bolt up to the existing bracket ? I'm wanting something that's quiet. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi. I'm not familiar with that make but I'm a mechanic and often trying to identify things..

I always go to an online parts place, and try to find one that lets you check what other model any particular part fits.. Then I look up the best fit model I can find, in your case I agree it will be a 2005, and then look up some parts, like body work or carbies or anything that changes with model and market. Once I've found a part that has options, such as the early or later carby, then I choose the carby that looks like what I have, and check what other models that fits. Then I open up those models and check for other parts that vary. I just choose anything that has early/late, or us/eu, or some variation, and keep and keep on choosing the part for the bike I'm working on, and checking what else it fits.. Eventually, and mostly after only a few lookups, I can tell fairly accuratly what model, year, market and options I have..

The important thing is to find a parts site that lets you check what other models the parts fit, (or whether there is a superseded part, handy here for your exhaust), both checks normally all in the same parts compare link..

Hope that helps..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts