ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, but I gotta ask...I want a sxs and the new Zforce 1000 or 800s look attractive. a new RZR 900 (60") starts @ $14,700 and comes with very few extras. Zforce 800 is $11,600 with some extras. I know they are Chinese but they seem to be pretty popular in Canada.
I know it's hard to find a used RZR that hasn't been beat up. I think $3k+ more puts me out of a new RZR...
I see CFMOTO posts have been largely ignored, but I need honest informed opinions.
Thanks In advance for opinions... Please don't beat me up too bad, Gary

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a CF Moto CForce 500 H.O. and have put about 600 miles on it so far and it has been really good. I think they are great quality. Do I think they are every bit as good as say a Yamaha.... No. I do think that they are very good for the money. A good friend of mine is a sales manager for the dealership that I go to and he has nothing but good things to say about them. I have also heard that they build the engines for the KTM motorcycles that are supplied outside of the US, if this is true I would have a hard time thinking they could not build a good product. They use good parts such as Bosch fuel injection and great transmission components.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The club I ride with has numerous members with the CFmoto SxS and I haven't heard anyone having any problems. One member had over 1000 miles on his 2017 and not a bit of problems. However as we all know there are always going to be some that have problems. For instance:
I purchased a 2017 CForce 500s in March of 2017.

Took it out for the first time and when I got back checked the oil, it was low. Took over a quart and it still wasn't full. Took it back to the dealer and they checked it out couldn't find anything wrong. They suspected it wasn't filled at the factory.

Weather turned warm and I could feel considerable heat coming from between the top of the clutch cover (right side) and the faring. Had the exhaust wrapped still hot, it got so hot one time that it blistered my right leg (I suspect fan issue) Bought a pair of high top boots, fixed the problem.

July took up in the mountains weather was cool (low 40's) engine was hard to start but one I got it running didn't have any problem with it for the rest of the day. Restated numerous times. Starting having more problem with hard starting the first time. Sept 2017 engine hard to start but got it loaded, when I got to the unload area it turned over but would not start no matter what I did. Took it back to the dealer and it wouldn't start for them, had to push it off the truck. Two days latter they were going to look at it and it started right up. They kept it until March of 2018 and no matter what they did it would always start, even when it was outside in below zero temperature.

Problem was resolved with me when the dealer agreed to give me a trade-in value way above book and sold me a 2018 Suzuki 500AXI King Quad below normal dealer price. Oh he agreed that he wouldn't ride it out in the boonies and trust it not to leave you stranded.

We have a couple of other 500s owners in the club and they have not had any problems. Note Can-Am's also have this problem but I don't think it is a sever. Polaris has same issue but they had a fix for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, but I gotta ask...I want a sxs and the new Zforce 1000 or 800s look attractive. a new RZR 900 (60") starts @ $14,700 and comes with very few extras. Zforce 800 is $11,600 with some extras. I know they are Chinese but they seem to be pretty popular in Canada.
I know it's hard to find a used RZR that hasn't been beat up. I think $3k+ more puts me out of a new RZR...
I see CFMOTO posts have been largely ignored, but I need honest informed opinions.
Thanks In advance for opinions... Please don't beat me up too bad, Gary
I own a cf moto mine is junk 319 miles on it $1700 in repairs and still not running right I wouldn’t buy one they are junk.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2 cents. New ATV rider.
So a little background on me.
I've been driving for 40 years.
Lots of pickups and cars, a number of street bikes and do most of the maintenance and many of the repairs myself.
harleys, hondas a yamaha in there somewhere as well.
I've never been brand specific really, but I do prefer my REAL Harleys without all the gizmo tech and a working functional kickstarter and old trucks with snarling V8s.

I've been wanting to find an ATV for quite awhile and ended up in a position to do so recently.
So, current economics aside I got tired of having bidding wars ending up with used machines going thousands more than new ones.

Been reading reviews on the CF brand for months, good bad and indifferent.
For me, it isn't just a "toy", I use it for grunt work around my property where my little JD420 really isn't equpped to go.

After reading reviews on LOTS of machines that have all had issues and looking up close and personal, I chose to give CFMoto a try and recently purchased a 2022 CfMoto CForce 800 xc.

My grandkids are going to be fighting to go for rides, so the passenger seat is going to get used as well.

My Honest Impressions as a fairly experienced and COMPETENT mechanic thats been wrenching my own rides since my first bicycles and skateboards.

It "doesn't suck"!.

Yes, I realize they have had issues in the past but the reviews I read showed a pretty strong indication that they were willing to FIX their mistakes. (Ive seen where certain dealers were kind of lame about it, but the brand was trying to do right).

One of the clinchers for me, even though Ive never owned one was finding out that KTM got into business with them. If KTM is willing to go in with them, then theres some serious potential.

I looked at the machines pretty closely and did not see the kind of work that is typical of other than Japanese production work. You know, shoddy finish, shoddy casting, chincy looking fittings and pegs and such.
The further I get into this machine, the more actual QUALITY I see.
The frame welds are very clean (Im a fair hand at general welding) and the guy that taught me to weld was a WIZARD at the craft. Of course it's CNC welding, but it's GOOD welding.
The fitment of body panels is solid and very clean and the panels themselves take the stress of removal pretty well.
The suspension on mine (again that could vary by shop settings) is pretty damned good.
It soaks up the ruts and bumps and my idiot self didn't quite dodge a bowling ball sized rock like I thought I had at about 30 the other day and the machine responded really good when I had to correct my oops.
Shock wise I barely felt it even as feedback through the steering.
Being new at this (I was like OHH DAMN!) but the machine responded great and didn't even flinch.

I did it's break in adjustment and change the other week and going through the process of breaking the machine down to adjust the valves and such was fairly straight forward (as in really easy to work on).
Again, Ive lain under nissans and toyotas and wrenched on fords, dodge, chevy and a few other odd balls not to mention a variety of street bikes.
Most modern machines are a a freaking pain to work on. I kicked my nissan truck to the curb because dropping th tranny on the thing was an exercise in "what were the engineers thinking", tool throwing and swearing.
I can yank my 74 Dodge trans and T-case in about two hours and have the engine out in a bit more.

This thing was EASY. I did need a flexible mirror to see WHERE I was sliding the gauges on the front exhaust valves, but adjusting them was a snap. The whole thing was a snap.
Getting the valve covers off, no sweat, getting the body panels off, no sweat.
When it was built, the assembler took the time to aim hose fittings and such to where you COULD REACH Them instead of spend several decades practicing acrobatics and having extra joints installed in your appendages.
there were torque marks and check marks (paint markers) all the way through indicating that they have a pretty stringent QC process going.
People do not do that if they do not care about what they are building.

The engine itself was pretty sharp.
Clean casting, clean machine work, very good fitment and a pretty straight forward design.
mines a 45 degree V-Twin.
the only thing I saw (and it wasnt junky) that I would like to see a bit higher quality on would be the cam chain gears could be done a bit nicer, but they were decent quality.

Even the plastic parts (trans cover, valve covers) were REALLY nice molding work.
I worked in an injection molding plant for awhile running presses and processing parts.
the parts were well made, period.

the more I wrench on it, the less worried about it I am.

Ride wise its fricken awesome. Regarding some of the reviews I have read, I am inclined to think that the shop I purchased it from did a top notch job doing the final assembly and initial set up.
It rides even and stays pretty straight even at 60 on pavement.
On dirt it's a blast to ride and I've never once been concerned I was going to break it.

I've hit some pretty serious climbs with it and half of it's young mileage as been on 50" or less trails in the area.
I'm having as much fun with it as I did my first street bike, never mind my first Shovelhead chopper.
It easily moves my 74 RC on flat ground. Didnt even slow it down.

I've drug logs down my yard, scampered down rock faces on it and started giving it a bit of air time too without a single problem yet. I got myself in a bind against some trees on a track Im cutting up the hill. I didnt pick my path well enough and ended up bound up against a tree that was the only thing keeping my newb self from dumping it on it's side. I used the winch to pull the machine into a better position without destroying body panels.

I am definitely new to ATV/Quads, but not so new at working on stuff.

Theyre building a pretty fine machine, even if they had to sort some problems out and probably still have some to sort out.
The biggest issue I have is learning how to work the CVT style transmission which I am completely new to. Reading the owners manual and the service manual helped a lot with that, now that I understand how that mechanism works.

So far for me it's been a good choice.
Its a pretty good sized machine with enough clearance I can take a drunk nap under it.
It's about a foot longer in wheel base than a single seater ATV but thats a serious asset climbing my backyard which hits about 40 degrees in places.

The EPS system on mine works great though its a beast in 4lock with the front dif locked in. It wants to climb rocks, trees and anything else you can't steer around.
So most of the time I keep it in 4 or 2 and it gets where I want to go without having to arm wrestle it.
It is a bit wide in the turn radius but again, the wheelbase is a foot longer than the Honda Fourtrax 400 I'm working on for my bro.
Not an issue on dirt, because its got plenty of power to drift the rear end into a tighter radius.
My dog tried to keep up with me but after a few days well spent learning how to drive it (my yards an excellent place for it) she gave up and just waits til she figures out where Im going and catches up later.

Shes not quite ready to get in sit down shut up and hang on but were working on it.
Plant Sky Plant community Chainsaw Cloud

1 - 7 of 7 Posts