ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m looking for comments regarding the Argo ATVs? 500 XRT.
I just purchased the XT500 Argo 2021. It seemed to be the best bike for the money. It's been too cold to use it much but the few kilometers so far in 6 inches 8in of snow it has powered through. I had a fouled spark plug right at the beginning. I think this is because of the short start and stops at the dealer. They never let them warm up.
The metal racks front and back making a storage box or add ons easy to fasten. The locking differentials really help in bad situations although regular 4 wheel drive was enough for the snow. It also comes standard with the Maxxis bighorn tires which are a big help.
So far I'm happy with the Argo or a TBG in disguise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just finished the 1st differential oil change on the Argo XT. Done at the 1st 200kl. mark. The rear Diff is awkward to access but by using a short #8 Allen socket with an 8 inch 1/4 inch extension the drain plug can be accessed through a hole in the frame. The fill plug is easier and the check level bolt is accessible also.

The front Diff. is easier and by removing the passenger front brush protector ( 3- #10 screws) fill plug and oil level screw are easy to reach. The drain plug is located on the bottom of the Diff (#21 socket.)

I used the easy pour AMSOIL Severe Gear 80W-90 Synthetic Gear Lube that comes in plastic bags.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts