ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon folks.
I have a 2018 Argo XRT 500 EPS that won’t start, I just freshly charged that battery and it holds a charge when out of the machine. However when turning the key on I get a PO560 error on the dash and it just clicks when you try to engage the starter, this machine has no pull start or kick start. The only way that I’ve been able to successfully start it is by hooking a booster pack directly to the battery in the machine and starting it that way. I’ve only done this to move it back onto my trailer so that I could get it home.
In the past I have had to have the entire dash cluster replaced under warranty, the ignition replaced twice under warranty, and the battery replaced twice under warranty. I would really like for this machine to just do what any other quad should do, so far with only 90kms on it it’s been an utter disappointment/lemon. I’m hoping someone out there can provide me with some sort of solution, thanks for any help!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Get a multimeter and hook it to the battery on 12v settings. See what voltage you have static. Should be around 12.8
Now push the starter button. If it drops significantly, like 10v, your battery is shot again. Now why is another
question. Maybe you have a bad rectifier and its frying your battery

Mad

1 - 2 of 2 Posts