ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello first post here lI was hoping you guys could help!

I have an attic cat 500 that wouldn't charge the battery. So we changed the regulator . didn't fix it so we changed the stator and I think that fixed the charging but now it runs with a miss when you give it fuel. Not when ideling . we've checked all grounds unhooked everything we could think of electric to try and find a short . I know it's got one because you can mess with the lights and one will work then it won't ......but as long as both of those lights are burning it will run smooth as silk . but if something wiggles the wrong way and the light goes out the miss comes back . here's the big kicker if I put the regulator back on it runs smooth ....but it doesn't charge . ...and the wildest one of all were charging the battery up and as long as we had the jumper cables on putting juice into the dead battery it would run smooth. Can anybody tell me what's wrong with this thing .

I hate electrical problems

Thanks
God Bless

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 with 300 miles on it and it sounds like we have the same problem, I just want to get it fixed so I can sell it asap

1 - 2 of 2 Posts