ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to buy a new bike and i was woundering if anyone or anyone you know, have had problems with them and would recomend it for a bike. I have had bikes before but not this big. any input would be great thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I purchased a 2010 Arctic Cat 700S LTD a few months ago and love it. I live in northern ontario and have been using it mainly for plowing snow. The power steering is a great feature. Added 14" wheels and 27"mudlites. I look forward to the snow so I can go and play!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. so far my friends say its a good bike but the indpendant will be hard to get use to since i always drove solid axle.

·
Registered
28 Posts
your right.. it does take some getting used to. I have been a polaris owner (2000 425 expedition - 5speed ) still own one. The handling with an independent suspension is immediately noticed when climbing over logs etc. With the upgraded wheels and tires(noted above) I have 14" of clearance. makes a huge difference in the type of riding I do. You will really enjoy the added HP as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in the market for one too and one thing I noticed is that the front fender plastics are not secured very well in the front by the grill. Since the headlights are mounted to the fender plastics, simply wiggling the fender makes the headlights dance and the plastic fender clank on the metal frame behind it. The 550's front plastics are slightly different and don't have that issue, the front plastics/grill is tight. Weird, cause I am an Arctic Cat guy through and through and really want the 700 but it is borderline chincey. A couple of zip ties through the grill holes to the metal frame behind it would cure the issue but one shouldn't have to start adding zip ties to a BN $9000 wheeler.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i ended up buying an 09 mud pro and i do see this prob and when i put my hid kit in I plan to correct it. Thaks for the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts