ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve got an 04 Honda rancher 400 fga and it’s recently had a whole new top end put in and some eletrical stuff changed, anyways my problem is when it’s at a complete and you give it gas to go it’s like something is holding it up from moving, once you apply enough gas it will move but it’s like something is stuck or binding up. I’ve checked all the brakes and none are stuck so I’m in need of guidance. I’d like to mention it only goes like 20mph in auto and manual so it may have a gear reduction or something is wrong with it.
Any and all advise would be sweet, thanks!!
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
140 Posts
Has this only started since the engine work ? Perhaps the cam timing is wrong, that will make it dull and sluggish.

The charging systems can also cause those symptoms.. you have got a battery in there huh ?
Check the charging system, or, try turning the headlight on and see if it runs better.. if it does.. charging/battery.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Doh... just occured to me that it won't be ohc.. so the cam timing won't have been moved..

And... it is labouring huh.. rather than just reving up but getting nowhere.. If it's reving freely but getting nowhere, you need to check the clutch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts