ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm new to the atv community but I come from the car community so please bear with me if i say something stupid. Anywho, I have this Suzuki in my backyard that's in terrible condition. I don't even know what model is because I can't even get in contact with the previous owner. Don't even know what model it is. Assuming the way it looks, I'm gonna need new everything. That means engine, tires, suspension, battery, etc. I don't know if it's better to rebuild it or to buy a brand new atv entirely. But if rebuilding is the better option, then what should I do as far as getting another engine? Something cheap reliable and fast or just overall decent in terms of all 3 categories. Will bussa engines work even though it's nowhere near cheap?

Attachments

· Registered
518 Posts
I don't think it's a suzuki. It's not like any I've ever seen.
The headlights are pretty distinctive and would be a good place to start trying to identify it. The bodywork too with those distinctive ribs and flats..
I'd try and find a picture that was about right, then find out what that is, and where it's id plate is.. if it's not on the steering head... then try to make sense of the numbers. Or, look on the plastics or anywhere for some sort of molded numbers or trademarks..

· Registered
518 Posts
Well.. I'm in New Zealand and we do get different versions to you. But... those footpeg/plates don't look suzuki, nor what I think is an exhaust I can see in under there, or those front suspensions arms sitting on the front, or the gearchange lever and cable coming forwards.. The headlights are different and the bars are higher than any I've seen on any LT. Just behind the front guard there is what looks like a piece of chassis.. it looks square which isn't any suzuki I've ever seen.
See what other people say but I'm pretty sure that's not suzuki.. If it is suzuki there might be a chassis number on the left rear downwards bit of chassis tube.. Here they have a metal plate there with the numbers in on most models, some though the number is straight in the tube. The best way to find and read the number is to scrape the surface gently with a knife like blade. The numbers are stamped in, but that raises the metal around each number slightly. Sometimes it's easier to make out the raised bit than the stamping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts