ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently bought 2 atvs, one was working perfectly the other one was just turning over but not firing up, checked the spark plug both them were fine, they now both just keep turning but not starting & also one seems as if when I’m trying to fire it up the positive wire is getting hot when trying to turn it over ? Does anyone have any suggestions? TIA

·
Registered
345 Posts
The positive wire from the battery to the start relay can get warm while cranking. Clean all the ends
of both the positive cable and grounds. Did you check for spark ? Just looking at the spark plug
basically tells you nothing. If they are 4 stroke units, check the valve clearance. Assuming everything is
good, spray a bit of starter fluid in the intake. If it doesn't fire I'd suspect an ignition issue.

Mad

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The positive wire from the battery to the start relay can get warm while cranking. Clean all the ends
of both the positive cable and grounds. Did you check for spark ? Just looking at the spark plug
basically tells you nothing. If they are 4 stroke units, check the valve clearance. Assuming everything is
good, spray a bit of starter fluid in the intake. If it doesn't fire I'd suspect an ignition issue.

Mad
Ok mate, thanks a lot gonna get my bud to take a look at it cos he knows what he’s doing more than me tbh and usually fixes them with his eyes closed 😂? You think it could just be the positive and ground wires are corroded or not set up properly ?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Well the battery wires getting hot and the no start are probably 2 different issues. Start by cleaning all the
wire ends then move on to checking for spark.

Mad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts