ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sold my 99 big bear, great working quad, just a little small and i want something newer and bigger. I looking to get a 04 or newer and in the rage of 400 to 500 cc. I do mostly work with my atv, hauling wood, gravel, etc, but I do trail riding as well. My question is will an automatic quad perform like a manual for my purposes of hauling, does it have the required low end torque?

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
a few years ago my father had a 500polaris sportsman. it was awesome! it had all kinds of power. trailriding and work, it done both real well. i liked it. on a big heavy quad no shifting was involved which kept power to the wheels at all times. i ride sport quads the are manual with a clutch. i dont like to climb a steap hill with my 400 or 450 which r hondas. dont like to work the clutch and gears. i like the full auto quads. but shifting is fun too. my fathers new honda is also full auto. he loves it so do i we had a 300fourtrax like a 93 or something and it worked well but dad likes the new honda. but i think hes just lazy. dont tell him i said that. but to answer your question the autos work and play hard as well. get one:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't think you will have any problems. Most utility quad automatics have a low range. The belt and clutch engage at a very low rpm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts