ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im wondering what makes the 1987 motor the good motor, Iv been told a few times, By people at shops and at rideing spots that my 1987 banshee has "The good Motor" in it. when they ask me what year it is. and i tell them 87, they allways say Original motor? yeah.. Ohh so you got the Good motor in there Hu? i never really asked what thos people ment when they said that. wondering if anyone on here can tell me what the difference between a more modern Banshee motor and the motor from its first year of production is, i think i noticed that my 87 seemed to go into the powerband alot faster and stronger then my friends 98, Anyone know?

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Im not sure but I have heard that too. MAybe YAMAHA relized they made something alittle 2fast and tuned it down after that year.:dunno:

·
Registered
4 Posts
no worries they are all the same no difference since 87. i had a 98 and i now i have a 2003 and there is no difference. If you want to see if there is a difference, then rebuilt the engines on both, and make sure that they have the exact same mods. But otherwise there is no difference that i have noticed between them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts