ATV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. New here and I have a 88' Bayou 220 that a long time friend dad bought new. I was told that it ran before it was parked but that it would not go into neutral. I was given it and started working on it as a project. Goal is to do a strip down and resto on it. First order of operation was finding out what was up with it not going into N. When I removed the rear-end and the drive shaft I found that the cause of the problem was in the brake drum. I have not taken the drum apart but I did remove the axles from the diff and everything is ok except the axle with the brake drum. I have not had a chance yet to open it up to see what’s up inside it. I'm sure it cam be fixed. As far as the engine goes it runs and shifts through all gears.

The drive shaft where it slides into the diff is toast.The slip yolk at the end is shattered and needs replacement. From my research online and looking at schematics the drive shaft is EXPENSIVE. I noticed that looking through the years of the 220 and the 300 4x2 models that it appears as though the drive shafts carry the same part number. If this is the case E-bay has a few shafts being sold for the 300. Is there anyone on here that may know if the 220 and the 300 use the same shafts? This would help me out big time if that’s the case rather than spending 300 or more to get this shaft.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts