ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a buddies bike, he brought it to me barely running, not knowing anything about it, I tore into it and found a oversized carburetor hooked to the head by a water plumbing Fernco coupling, there was another water plumbing coupling hooked to the back of the carb with a t-shirt wrapped around the back of it held on with a rubber band for a air filter. It idled ok but spit , popped and backfired through the carb and exhaust.
He ordered the correct carb and a new head to carb boot and a new carb to airbox boot, and a air filter. I put it all on and new gas and fuel lines, still same running conditions, I've adjusted the air screw and took the carb apart to check the Jets and it's all right, the timing chain is tight and the plug is new, I was thinking a burnt valve from being rigged up with a oversized carburetor and a makeshift air filter. But someone else said maybe a worn cam or a bad cdi box.
Any ideas??

·
Premium Member
2004 Yamaha Bear Tracker 250
2 Posts
I have a bear tracker 250, I have replaced the following parts both relays, cdi, plug harness, battery, starter switch. Lights work, cut off works, BUT the start button will not trigger a start.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts