ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and recently got into ATVs. I am looking to get views on which ATVs are the best for taking on rough trails that have a lot of mud. There are so many choices on brands, sport vs. utility. I bought a used Polaris Sportsman 450 as an entry level ATV for me. But now that I have used it, I am finding that the ground clearance could be better, the power could be stronger and I get stuck a lot in mud. I am going to upgrade the tires but I am looking to upgrade the whole ATV.
If money is not an issue to buy a stock ATV, which ones would provide the best combination of power, ground clearance, ability to get out of mud and handle rough trails really well? I am open to any brand. I was looking at the Can Am Outlander X MR 1000R or the Can Am Renegade X MR 1000R.
Does anyone have any advice on which are the best ATVs I should look at? I am open to any brand.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have a xmr 570 Outlander. It will go through about anything muddy but it wouldn’t make a good trail machine. Rides rough from the suspension and the tires. I also have a 800 sportsman that gets stuck from time to time. My advice would be to get a 850 or 1000 and put some pretty aggressive tires on it with a good winch. Not heavy mud tires though. Also the radiator being on the front rack of the xmr gets pretty hot riding trails.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts