ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking advice on atv to buy 2019 Polaris sportsman highlifter 850, can am 2020 outlander 650, or 2019 can am Outlander xmr,2019 570 renegade xmr. Please help...I will want to go mudding at the atv park but also I have a wife and 2yr old kid that's will want to ride also

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess either no one gets on here or they just dont want to talk or give advice. Thanks alot

·
Registered
57 Posts
It looks like nobody answers questions on here so I figured I would if I could. I have a 2014 polaris sportsman 800 and a 2016 can am outlander 570 xmr. The xmr is good for one thing and that’s going through mud and it does it well. My 15 year old son loves it. I on the other hand am 48 years old and like the ride of the polaris a lot better. The xmr’s and highlighters look cool but if your not riding in the mud 90% of the time I wouldn’t get it. They are awful trail bikes. Ride rough and the heat from the high mounted radiator blows back on you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank u for replying and ur advice. I was thinking about the 2019 Polaris high lifter but I saw where the mud can actually get under the relocated radiator thru. Hole above the tire which in turn over heats the motor also Its heavier than the can am and the shocks suck. Do u have any knowledge of these things

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have not heard of any issues with the highlifters. I think all of the mud bikes have stiff shocks. I know our xmr does. The 570 and 650 xmr has the standard outlander rear end. The 850’and 1000 have a true xmr rear end and it’s a lot tougher. We have had to replace the rear end in our 570. Both of these brands have their issues. They are powerful and have some great features. My next one will be a 850 or 1000. I think I would be happy with the one with the best price. Either can am or polaris.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts