ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beware all ATV enthusiasts in the Ottawa region:

joecool001 is on a distinguished road

Default Wheelsport in Ottawa business ethics. right or wrong cancer patient's experience.
I put $500 down on a 2012 KTM150sx at Wheelsport in Orleans, near Ottawa so I would be gaurenteed one. The salesman and the owner's son who runs the place both told me they were expecting more in but I would be wise to put money down because they are selling so fast.

March 20th or so I went in with documents to prove that I have been put off work by my oncologist and am going on Disability due to issues releated to a Leukemia and a bone marrow transplant I had 5 years ago. The owner's son looked me in the face and says "Aint gonna happen" after I explained my situation and asked if I could have my money back because I was having a hard time.

I figured that considering no one was even looking for motocross bikes at that time they cetainly didn;t loose a sale because of hanging onto it. It wasn't even in the store until recently for people to even look at and it was still the middle of winter when I went in... there was still snow on the ground and riding season was 2 months away. There is no way in hell I cost that business a cent.

When he said 'aint gonna happen' I was a litle stunned that he was so callous about it. He then said "I ordered that bike in here for YOU". I said, that's not true, I was told twice that it was coming in anyway. His response was to just stare at me and ignore my question. I realized it didn;t matter... that Jim Kolman was keeping my $500 whether I liked it or not.

As far as I can tell he has the legal right to keep all my money... even if it is moraly bankrupt. Anyone know anything else I can try or is my money gone? I have discussed this on another site but am compelled to let other motorsport community know about it. Perhaps I am just in a very vunerable time in my life and this has left me feeling very bruised. It just seems so callous to me.
joecool001 is offline Add to joecool001's Reputation Report Post Reply With Quote

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi,

Hi,
Its very complicated concept to solve but for getting proper solution you can contact any expert who should be able to answer this kind of all things.

Thank you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do you have any updares for us?

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
lame

pretty lame, need to make $$ off a guy who has enough problems already! stenejohn do you ever have anything to say that is productive? I think your name should be STONED john same crap each post. poor guy has problems and you post nonsense??:thumbsdown:
Dealer sucks if he brought doctors information they should have cut him a break. They deserve to lose 10 times that much in sales!:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
true enough,,,,, I guess that's the trouble with big dealers in big cities,,,they will still get their business ,,, I'm happy living where I know most of my dealers by name or by site, and the wilderness is only a few minutes away,,, happy trails,,,,,,

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm a licensed Guide ,, should you decide to come around again,,, now that the long gun registry is done and gone I am getting back into some hunting,,,lots of miles of great trails and roads to travel,,,

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree, the way they have treated him is pathetic. Under his circumstances, the money should of been returned no questions asked.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think they distinguish one from the other,,,I have had my hunting /fishing guide license for many many years,,,just checked last year and it is still valid,,, I might renew it this year to keep it updated,,,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts