ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im a new membere here and have a question about my 2009 big bear 400. i have had it for close for about two years. the first year it got rode hard, real hard, but it always impressed me and rose to the challenge. for the past four or five months it has been only ridden once a month and for about two minutes each time and cranked about one other time a month and just let idle. the other day i went to crank it and it would not start. the lights and the winch work just fine, so the battery still has plenty of juice. the silonid makes the slighest sound when pushing the start button (have to put your head inches from it to hear the clicking noise, cant hear it when not next to it.) the oil temp light also glows when the starter button is pressed. i have pulled started it, so the spark plug is not fouled. i have checked all the connections and fuses and all seem to be fine. i want to lean to the solinoid bing the problem but not sure if its the starter or whatever else. any info, similar problems, ways to fix would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Might want to check your exhaust for blockage as well. If it sat cool for very long a critter might have tried to move in. With the pressure unable to move through the exhaust it would try to push back through the intake. If that doesn't help, good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts