ATV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
377 Posts
Blaster....

Just look at the vin.#(not on the motor). The tenth number in the VIN is the year:thumbsup:

- 1st digit : represents the country in which it was made. 1 or 4 is for the U.S., 2 is for Canada, J is for Japan, K is for Korea etc.

- 2nd digit : represents the manufacturer. H is for Honda, K is for Kawasaki etc.

- 3rd digit : this position represents the vehicle type or manufacturing division which can vary by make of vehicle.

- 4th to 8th digits : these positions represent vehicle attributes such as body style and engine type (not to be confused with an engine code, every vehicle has one of those mounted on the engine).
Honda ATV owners visit the Honda ATV Model Codes list for model information.

- 9th digit : this is called a “check digit” and it exists for security reasons. This letter or number is derived mathematically depending on the previous 8 digits. It’s used to confirm that a VIN isn’t being fabricated.

- 10th digit : The vehicle year.
- 11th digit : Assembly plant

- 12th to 17th digits : These numbers increase by one for each unit that rolls off the assembly line, the last four are always digits.

·
Banned
377 Posts
Blaster....

People allways change up the plastics and The front plastic w/light.
They have purple in 99 and 04. Look at the shape and you can tell what year sometimes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well just to give you a little closure on the subject i finaly buffed the vin number up enough to read it and it turns out this thing is an 01, my next project is rewiring the kill switch because they screwed with the wiring and now nothing works... except the spark plug lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im especially fond of the fender cutting business, cause "it looks cool" lol now i have to wear shin guards to trail ride.... more so on my 300ex, but I really dont understand the concept of cutting blaster fenders,,, they are so small and useless to begin with why cut them... not to mention they unbolt separately and you can just take them off instead of destroying them.... I dont see any real reason behind cutting fenders other than looks......UNLESS you race professionally and need the wheel travel space or something... and only on a track.

·
Banned
377 Posts
Im especially fond of the fender cutting business, cause "it looks cool" lol now i have to wear shin guards to trail ride.... more so on my 300ex, but I really dont understand the concept of cutting blaster fenders,,, they are so small and useless to begin with why cut them... not to mention they unbolt separately and you can just take them off instead of destroying them.... I dont see any real reason behind cutting fenders other than looks......UNLESS you race professionally and need the wheel travel space or something... and only on a track.
Agreed. Cutting fenders is a waste of expensive plastics.

·
Banned
377 Posts
I know that professional racers do it for a reason, what is it? wheel travel? aerodynamics? or do they do it just for looks too lol?
It is so the racer can see the wheel performance and the track easier:thumbsup:

·
Banned
377 Posts
lol, damn. Rocks flying past your head...lol Last time I was at the desert I ate a big mouth full of mud......yummy:laugh:. Nothin like the taste of fresh mud in the morning...lol I have a goatee that stops most of the debris, but I was yelling with joy...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol, damn. Rocks flying past your head...lol Last time I was at the desert I ate a big mouth full of mud......yummy:laugh:. Nothin like the taste of fresh mud in the morning...lol I have a goatee that stops most of the debris, but I was yelling with joy...
lol worse yet is riding down the road in the rain, its like washing your face with an industrial pressure washer

·
Banned
377 Posts
Yeah, I have done that also. How about getting mud on your goggles in the rain....lol
One time I had to ride on the highway with paddles for 5 miles:eek:(lost and out of gas)....Talking about traction...:D It really didn't wear out my paddles like you would think...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts