ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was gifted a late 90’s early 2000’s bombardier 90. I’m not sure how long it didn’t run but I got it running with new gas, spark plug and filter. It would idle but die under theottle. Every once in a while it would run good enough to ride. I replaced the carb with a manual choke carb and am having the same problem. Pulled the exhaust muffler thinking it was clogged and same thing die under throttle. Anyone got ideas. I can’t find a getting chart anywhere so my next project is jetting by trial and error. It prob the original top end so I’ll do that also. But outside of that anyone got ideas? Thank you for reading!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was gifted a late 90’s early 2000’s bombardier 90. I’m not sure how long it didn’t run but I got it running with new gas, spark plug and filter. It would idle but die under theottle. Every once in a while it would run good enough to ride. I replaced the carb with a manual choke carb and am having the same problem. Pulled the exhaust muffler thinking it was clogged and same thing die under throttle. Anyone got ideas. I can’t find a getting chart anywhere so my next project is jetting by trial and error. It prob the original top end so I’ll do that also. But outside of that anyone got ideas? Thank you for reading!
It is a 2 stoke

· Registered
518 Posts
Are you sure the replacement carb is in good order ?
Have you tried stripping and cleaning the original carb ?

Are you sure the fuel tap is letting plenty of fuel to the carb ?
Have you checked the fuel tank isn't developing a vacuum ?
Does it go any better if you turn the choke on ?
Does it go better(for a short time), if you turn the fuel tap off ?

I'd strip the original carb right down and clean that one, because it should be right for the bike. It shouldn't need rejetting. I'd check those things above, and then consider what needs changing, if anything does need changing.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you sure the replacement carb is in good order ?
Have you tried stripping and cleaning the original carb ?

Are you sure the fuel tap is letting plenty of fuel to the carb ?
Have you checked the fuel tank isn't developing a vacuum ?
Does it go any better if you turn the choke on ?
Does it go better(for a short time), if you turn the fuel tap off ?

I'd strip the original carb right down and clean that one, because it should be right for the bike. It shouldn't need rejetting. I'd check those things above, and then consider what needs changing, if anything does need changing.
Good ideas! I’ll check all that thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts