ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All, I'm rebuilding a 2001 Kodiak 400 4x4 for a friend. It was not shifting well and the shift shaft needed adjustment. I was able to loosen the lock nut on the rose joints easy enough but turning the shaft was impossible. Long story short, I snapped off the top rose joint by the shift lever. I've not had any luck figuring out how to remove the broken rose joint. Everything leading to the joint is permanently stuck together. Has anyone had the remove one of these before and how do you dismantle the shift box to get to it. I've not been able to find any information anywhere. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it's a hand shifter. Park, Reverse, Neutral, High, Low. Unfortunately it broke on that side. However, I bucked up and dismantled it, got the part that had the Rose joint on it out, and after a lot grinding with the Dremel, pounding with a hammer and punch, I removed it from the arm it was attached to. I hope this was how it needed to come out. The parts diagram didn't show much detail, but it looks like you would insert the new Rose joint, press it in and peen over the end to secure it. I'll post how it works out when I get the parts from Cheap Cycle Parts. Wish me luck. I've been working on this thing for a year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts