ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im new to this whole quading thing, and i just got a 09 brute force 650i. i like playing in the mud and water. i have it snorkeled. i just have a few questions, im thinking on moving my rad to my front rack. does anyone know positivesa and negatives about that? also im thinking of a lift kit, not big 1" maybe 2" im not sure. and tires... tires... tires... been lookin at these things for a few months now... whats good on a brute??? thnx:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah thats a mean lookin one... but what about the rad on the front rack? does that help anything or just keep it from pluggin up

·
Banned
377 Posts
Radiator....

:DWhen riding hard in deep mud and water, the radiator can get clogged and cause overheating. The common factors that appear to cause this problem are: 1. Riding in muddy water 2. Riding in extremely muddy conditions 3. Lack of proper cleaning of the machine after the ride 4. Riding on very hot days with reduced airflow 5. Heat related issues with fuel system 6. Lack of proper ventilation of the engine compartment.

The cause seems to be that the system in the ATV is not up to the extreme demands of operations in dirty water and deep mud. Yamaha engineers designed this model for what they considered to be normal riding. Further, the front and rear of the radiator cannot be accessed without significant disassembly. This discourages thorough cleaning. Without cleaning, the performance of the radiator rapidly deteriorates.

·
Banned
377 Posts
Brute...

The Highlifter Mfg Kit is a universal relocation kit for the aftermarket radiator to be mounted on top of most racks. The kit includes 1- RADIATOR CAP, 1- UNIVERSAL RACK MOUNTING BRACKET, 1- ALUMINUM LOUVERED PROTECTIVE SHROUD, 2- ADAPTERS THAT ADAPTS 3/4" TO 1" HOSE, 1- HARDWARE PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES REQUIRED HOSE, HOSE CLAMPS, WIRE, WIRE CONNECTORS, ZIP TIES, BOLTS,NUTS AND WASHERS. ** The Gorilla Mfg Kit is designed to relocate the factory radiator to the rack and includes Hoses, clamps, wiring, mounts, and harware, but it does not include an aluminum fan shroud.
Can't forget about the fan...
The stock fan is rather light duty and can barely be heard when running. The stock fan draws 2.3 amps and was found to be satisfactory under normal use. The replacement fan is almost 3 times more powerful. It draws 6.1 amps and pulls air so strongly through the radiator that it expels debris that would otherwise remain in the fins. It is the most powerful fan we could use with existing components. The circuit breaker has been upgraded to insure that the fan sensor will function well. This combination creates superior airflow and greater cooling power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts