ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes I F%$&ED up, I put a new Battery in my 2003 500 HO Polaris I did not have good lighting in my Garage, Long story short I put the terminals on backwards, I turned the key on and noticed smoke coming form the 4x4 switch, I realized something was up, switched terminals , everything else was ok but No 4x4, so I took it apart, burnt the little resister in the switch, and I have no power coming to the switch

What could be the problem with the power?? And does anyone know the # of that little resister or does it even have to be there

Thanks Gongshow

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
ouch!!! sorry if it helps. start with fuses like saber said and if that helps your good but if that does not check the wiring i dable in car audio and have seen it done before it usually burns wires too. and in odd places. get an repair manual they help track things down. and as far as the resistor if its there i probly should be there when you rigg things they cause other problems. good luck and try to get some better lighting in that garage.;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also having problems with my AWD in my 04 sportsman, where would I find this fuse sounds like a good place to start?!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts