ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am in the market for an ATV and plan on purchasing one this week.

At this point, I am between a Polaris Sportsman 600 4x4 and a Kawasaki KVX 700. Both are used and have under 80 hours of ride time.

I heard somthing negative today about the Polaris in regards to belts that i want to confirm. A buddy of mine keeps telling me that belt-driven is not good because the belt slips when it gets wet. I noticed that the Polaris quads all have belts connecting the transmission to the engine. Is this true and how does that affect the quad?

Also, are there other 4x4's in the market that are not belt drive, or should i expect all of the newer 4x4 four stroke quads to be belt driven?

Is 4x4 a must?? I don't plan on being knee deep in mud all the time, am sure i will run into a foot or two of mud, but does that require 4x4? How useful or not useful is it?

The answer to these questions will help me determine which quad to buy.

Thanks for the help!

Eddie

·
Registered
2 Posts
never buy polaris.

The kvx is really a better choice.

A friend a mine had to change the stator of his polaris 600 2 times in 1 years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The KFX best choice because this popular vehicle and engine are V-twine automatic transmissions. There available black green,meteor blue color. This atvs performance excellent other feature are powerful dual front disc brakes, multi disc rear brake system. The design are attractive.

SUV Limousine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts