ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I am new to the forum and I have a question. I am planning on buying a quad and I have narrowed it down to either the can am 650xt or 800xt. I have heard that they are both great machines and that the 650 has more than enough power, but should I bite the bullet and spend the extra thousand for the 800? Any comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought the 800R XT and do not regret it. Although I have never driven the 650, the power in the 800 is pretty sweet. I can't imagine to many other utility quads that would pull away from it and it is more than capable on the trail.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the 650xt and love it. I am a 300lb guy and it has no problem moving me around on the trails. I also plow with it and am very happy there. If I was gonna spend an extra 1K I would have got the 2up version over the 800. My .02

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you never ride with anyone that has the 800 then you won't know what you are missing but if you buy the 650 and then see what you could have had for 1000 buck you will be mad. You are already spending lots of money so what's a little more. Extra power always seems to come in handy when everyone else is stuck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Awesome machine I have 4 of them in my fleet,But I would never buy one again,Service is terrible,anti theft is a terible design.wait till you get out on the trail and the key doesn't work you will be wishin you bought a Yamaha.The price for replaceing the key$120.00.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think so 650 is great this Atvs great features and the power great and driving more essay the more color are available. This 650 capacity are more and advantage features available in this atvs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think, cam am 800 is better than Cam am 650. Obviously cam am 800 features & advantage of more than cam am 650. You have to pay some more money, but you should get good & powerful atvs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I suggest that if your prone to upgrading the power by aftermarket exhaust or programmer just buy the 800 and it will eventually be a savings over upgrading the 650.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts