ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm working on my nephew's Sportsman all wheel drive...both u joints are toast (!). I finally got the miserable roll pin out of the front yoke but the rear yoke won't budge even one millimeter! Any tricks? I've had a large hammer and several tools after it to no avail! Help!
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi! I'm working on my nephew's Sportsman all wheel drive...both u joints are toast (!). I finally got the miserable roll pin out of the front yoke but the rear yoke won't budge even one millimeter! Any tricks? I've had a large hammer and several tools after it to no avail! Help!
Thanks in advance!
Bro the rear shaft has a roll pin also...if you took that out and it still won't come off..dry spraying it with some CRC and tapping it with a piece of wood on the edge of the yoke or apiece of brass, but don't get animal with it....i just checked my prop shaft and it has a pin in it...Muddie49

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops! I didn't see a pin in the rear one...just a grease fitting. It's got to be a bear to get to....I'll look when I go to garage tomorrow.
Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah it looks like it is...just take your time they ussally come out with no problems...i had to look a second time to find it...goodluck let me know ,how you make out....Muddie49:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked and looked but can't see a roll pin in that back yoke, just the grease fitting. It is a 1999 model. I called the place where I was going to get the part and they said it may be galded (sp?) onto the shaft. I think he'll have to take it to a shop. I can't get it to budge. Thanks for your help tho!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts