ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Yamaha 350 moto 4 that has the choke lever that runs up to the handle bars. My carb is broken and not repairable . Will a carb from another 350 that has the choke pull on the side of the carb work

·
Registered
90 Posts
I assume you can't get the proper carb for your quad ?
Choke just opens a fuel path. You should be able to use a different carb as long as you can actually reach the choke. I'd be more concerned about differences in jetting and things like that.
Mad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No sir I haven’t been able to find the same carb. I’m told that one with the side choke won’t mount up but haven’t been able to confirm

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm not sure about your 350 but on my 400, the choke is on the left side of the carb. I THINK I could reach a
manual knob but not sure. I bought a Chinese knock off carb from Amazon for mine. My stock carb was completely seized. It's working surprisingly good. Carb was like $30. I just opened it up and matched jetting.
Later today ill snoop around and see if I can find a carb for yours.

Mad

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ok I checked. There are tons of carbs for your quad on eBay and Amazon. MOST have a manual choke knob. Take a look and see if the choke would be accessible when the carb is mounted. It's possible you can unscrew the choke knob and screw in a choke cable. You'll have to verify that.

Mad

·
Registered
90 Posts
Further snooping. You can get a new OEM choke cable with lever from Partzilla. It ain't cheap.
The problem is you can't get the choke plunger. See if you can remove the choke plunger from your carb.
It's pretty simple. It's just a brass plunger with a spring and spring loaded tip. Clean it up and make sure everything works. Then try it in the new carb and then order the cable.

Mad

·
Registered
90 Posts
Oh yeah. My Chinese carb came with a choke plunger already installed. I just had to hook up the cable.
Carefully compare your carb to the ones you're looking at before buying

Mad

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey Bryant. Here's something you may want to look into.
There's a new choke plunger assembly on eBay. It's for a different quad but I'd bet that most of the choke stuff
is interchangeable. I think it's possible for you to buy a carb with the side choke knob, unscrew that and screw this in and hook up the cable. Maybe worth a shot.
Item # 402455462843
(Sorry. Don't know how to link. Just put that number into Search. )

Mad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts