ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I baught an Lt 160 sometime back. I think from the Vin it's a 1997 model. The cdi was completely removed from the bike. Buying a Chinese one, I am not sure which one to buy (ac or dc). I have attached photos of the cdi wiring and vin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if nay one can guide if Chinese one works in these
Carabiner Rope (rhythmic gymnastics) Rock-climbing equipment Wood Twig

Wood Finger Thumb Rope Gas

Wood Sleeve Font Metal Bicycle part

·
Registered
140 Posts
The easiest way to check whether it's an ac or twelve volt cdi would be to look at a wiring diagram.. which you will find in a workshop/service manual.

Or, you could check for a twelve volt supply to the cdi with the key and kill etc on.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Is that tenth digit in the vin a Y...
Tenth digit - Year Code
80(A), 81(B), 82(C), 83(D), 84(E),
85(F), 86(G), 87(H), 88(J), 89(K),
90(L), 91(M), 92(N), 93(P), 94(R),
95(S), 96(T), 97(V), 98(W), 99(X),
00(Y), 01(1), 02(2), 03(3), 04(4),
05(5), 06(6), 07(7), 08(8 ), 09(9),10(A), 11(B), 12(C), etc.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't know whether the mods here are going to like me saying it, but, if you go to quadcrazy, sign up, and then make ten posts, any short posts will do, you will be able to download the manual you need.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know whether the mods here are going to like me saying it, but, if you go to quadcrazy, sign up, and then make ten posts, any short posts will do, you will be able to download the manual you need.
Thanks a lot for your help. It seems more like a Y than a V which I was mistakenly thinking. I will try to sort out the ac/dc thing with the manual.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The manual is for a quadrunner LT160E, and covers from 1989 to 2005.

I'm rural, in New Zealand, and use my cellphone to connect my laptop.. I can download reasonably well but uploading is really slow.. Sign up, say gidday and then make ten token posts in any discussion(i'll reply if I see it),and then you can download. A post is a sent message.. not a line. Some wags think putting ten lines of the same thing, then sending it qualifies as ten posts..haha. it doesn't.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello guys,

I baught an Lt 160 sometime back. I think from the Vin it's a 1997 model. The cdi was completely removed from the bike. Buying a Chinese one, I am not sure which one to buy (ac or dc). I have attached photos of the cdi wiring and vin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if nay one can guide if Chinese one works in these View attachment 4053
View attachment 4052
View attachment 4051
Your CDI has two plugs, a 4-pin and a 2-pin. The 4-pin side may have 3 or 4 wires connected to it (both AC and DC versions). If the 2-pin connector has only 1 wire going to it, it's a DC CDI. If there are 2 wires attached to the 2-pin connector, then it's an AC CDI.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts