ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need help on choosing tires i have a 2002 big bear 400
was thinking on going with 26mud lites xl.this is what i need them for
doing alittle snow plowing and going to be going on trails that will have snow that not many people know about.but i can also ride the machine on dry pavement or street.i called up itp and they were really no help they said well u can use this but it wont work with that etc.so i like to know how are the mud lite xl are they hard riding on smooth trails or other tires that would work im also changing the rims thinking of going with ss108 in black.if you guys got pics it would be great.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
My dad has mud lites on his 1987 bigbear. I think they work pretty good in the snow and mud he has them on a steel wheel. Kinda ugly but they work. He also uses a plow in the winter. tires seem fine but I have never rode it on the road with those tires. They costed a little money so if it needs to do any regular riding we put the stock tires on it. Yes stock. they are worn but they r still there plus its 4x4 and it has a winch. Bought it from my grandfather with like 500 miles on it.
need help on choosing tires i have a 2002 big bear 400
was thinking on going with 26mud lites xl.this is what i need them for
doing alittle snow plowing and going to be going on trails that will have snow that not many people know about.but i can also ride the machine on dry pavement or street.i called up itp and they were really no help they said well u can use this but it wont work with that etc.so i like to know how are the mud lite xl are they hard riding on smooth trails or other tires that would work im also changing the rims thinking of going with ss108 in black.if you guys got pics it would be great.

·
Registered
48 Posts
26 inch xl mudlites are a great tire, i had them for 5800 mile's with no issue's. stay away from the xtr radial mud lites

·
Registered
48 Posts
hey thanks for the info.why stay away from xtr.the reseason im asking they say its good all around tire
about ten people i know that had xtr's sliced the sidewall's on them. they have very soft sidewall's. if you want a great all around tire go with maxxis bighorn's. i have bighorn's now and love them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts