ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, looks like you've got a great site here. I just bought my first quad ever, a 2005 yamaha kodiak 450 and I'm loving it, I got it New Years Day and I've already put 46 kms on it. I can't help but already be thinking about adding to my new love. So...my question is...what can be done to this quad as far as upgrades? I'm thinking about new tires...was wondering if I can put 26 inch mudlites on my stock rims, or do I have to up the rim size to fit the tire. What else could you suggest to me as far as upgrades? I'm planning to ride trails mainly with some light mud, and snow in the winter. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome

Welcome and Good Morning, When I had my Grizzly 660 I put ITP 589 (26in.) on my stock wheels and it performed great.I have 589s on my 800 Polaris and they grab good plus light weight so it does'nt take too much power from my machines.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice Phil, good to know, because those ITP tires are expensive, can't afford the rims yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Everyone, looks like you've got a great site here. I just bought my first quad ever, a 2005 yamaha kodiak 450 and I'm loving it, I got it New Years Day and I've already put 46 kms on it. I can't help but already be thinking about adding to my new love. So...my question is...what can be done to this quad as far as upgrades? I'm thinking about new tires...was wondering if I can put 26 inch mudlites on my stock rims, or do I have to up the rim size to fit the tire. What else could you suggest to me as far as upgrades? I'm planning to ride trails mainly with some light mud, and snow in the winter. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
they should fit on the stock ones if not just get a treddy tire and it wouldnt matter about size

1 - 7 of 7 Posts