ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
well not me sarahsmom06. maybe because i never got a chance to ride them, thats why my opinion differs from yours.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh it might be because you have never ridden on one. But I also know quite a few people who far prefer ATVs to dirt bikes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
well along with ATV, i also like spending time on snow mobiles. thats what we were provided when i was posted to a place called, the third pole. and it was the only means of transportaion we had.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The third pole? I take it there was a lot of snow there. Doesn't sound like the type place you could ride dirt bikes so I guess you probably did get pretty used to snow mobiles.

·
Registered
38 Posts
yup, maybe thats the reason i never rode dirt bike . the third pole was knows as siachen glacier , sometimes we couldnt even use our snow mobiles, so to move to the next post, we had to walk for 15 days straight for deployment of next 6 months. couldnt use choppers as air was too thin and choppers couldnt fly. so only means of transportation was snow mobiles, and that too not always

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sigs said:
yup, maybe thats the reason i never rode dirt bike . the third pole was knows as siachen glacier , sometimes we couldnt even use our snow mobiles, so to move to the next post, we had to walk for 15 days straight for deployment of next 6 months. couldnt use choppers as air was too thin and choppers couldnt fly. so only means of transportation was snow mobiles, and that too not always
Wow that sounds like some rough conditions. I can't imagine that. It sounds like it was hard to be posted there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
yup, it was pretty tough i tell you. no one wants to get a posting over there, but everyone once in their tenure have to serve at that particular place.

·
Administrator
180 Posts
I am a fan of Enduros (ie: KTM). They have just been something that has appealed to me for a long time.
The ability to have a fairly safe ride on the roads and the ability to take it off road are a huge + for me. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like them ok I had a yamaha TTR125 for a couple years and then I swaped it for a yamaha bear tracker. I had more fun in the first week on the beartracker than the whole time I had the TTR. So now I am an ATV guy and doubt I will get another dirtbike unless I get a deal I cant pass up. lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
get one

i love dirtbikes, i rode quads at work, all the time, so i got sick of them and i bought a kx250 dirtbike, and it was sweet, i blew the motor, and bough a yamaha 450 fourstroke, and its freakin awesome...i'll never go back to riding quads

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
when i was a kid i had a kX80, i loved it! on the track i had alot of fun with it the are high fliers. watching them is great to. i would love a crf450 but im afraid it would kill me im 28 now a little smarter than when i was 12. my son has a honda Z50R he is five i cant wait to see him on the track. he is almost ready.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dirt bikes are ok as long as theyre 2-stroke that way they sound awesome i am also a big fan of snowmobiles and own one

1 - 14 of 14 Posts