ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a few pics for different dually wheel kits guys put on their quads. Saw a couple where the owners went duals on all 4 hubs. That seems a bit much, but I think they were doing it for muddin. I like the idea of just doin the rear axles. I do alot of plowing in the winter, and living in Ak, some years we get alot of snow. I would also chain up all 6 tires for extra traction, I like a Lil overkill anyway :) I thought this idea would be even more extreme on a 6x6 like the Polaris Big Boss. Tandem duals! He'll yeah haha I bet in the summer you could haul alot more weight or pull a pretty heavy trailer. And if you chained up all 10 tires for the winter you would be unstoppable on ice and could plow in really deep snow, with a 6-7' blade. Who knows probably just alot of extra money and more things to go wrong.
One guy, didn't have the dual kit, rigged up a way to stack weighted plates on what looks like his hitch.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'd be worried about the stress it is putting on the bearings. Polaris axels and CV joints are not all that great in the first place.

Chains work well on hard pack and ice, but don't do a whole lot in snow. Worth it if you're towing a fish hut out onto the ice.

As far as the weight kit, just put more beer on the back rack. :D

Seriously though, I think the weight should be something I could use. Like a tank of water or gas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts