ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 500ho sportsman. The bike keeps overheating. The water pump is fine, radiator is not blocked or dirty, thermostat has been changed and flushed the entire system. Also made sure there was no air bubbles in the system, still bike is over heating. I noticed the fan wasn't running, but just sometimes, so I hard wired the fan to always be on when the key is on. (to insure the temp. sensor that kicks the fan on wasn't bad). The bike keeps overheating. This last time I was fooling with it, I noticed that the fan would run while idling, but after riding it for a bit, the fan would slow way down or stop all together.
So, I have to assume that the fan is either bad or there is a bad connection somewhere that is causing the fan to loose power. If anybody has has any similar problems, please tell me what you did... thanks

·
Registered
364 Posts
Try running the fan wire through a toggle switch and directly to the battery. If it still slows down, the fan is bad.
You could have a lot of resistance in your wiring harness. Clean all grounds and electrical plugs and see if that helps.
But running the fan directly from the battery eliminates this issue.

Mad

1 - 2 of 2 Posts