ATV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, well today I changed the oil/oil filter/air filter in my '04 Polaris Magnum 4x2. Went pretty smooth except I couldn't find this oil tube that has a prefilter on it. Instruction manual (which I seem to have lost now) said to take the clamp off then remove the hose and unscrew this filter thing then reapply loctite and put everything back on in reverse order. Well I found two hoses, one goes to where the oil filter is by then there is another one that is just to the inside of that one, more in the engine area itself. Are these what I was suppose to clean, or just one, both? I really need that service manual. I didn't think that changing the oil would be this complicated, but that's what I get for thinking. Also when I got everything changed I came across 2 issues.

1) I noticed a distinct rattling sound coming from the rear end. Sounds like it could be the plastic fender, but I know I never had that before. Only rattles when I rev then just before it goes to idle. No biggie, as long as it's not a metal vibration sound (which it's not)

2) A more serious problem I found was after I changed the oil I really cleaned underneith by the engine by all the bolts just to check for leakage. Well I found one! There is a small leak that is coming from the front part of the engine that is connected to a hose that goes to what looks like the radiator. It is leaking a black fluid. The other hose just to its right is not leaking. Is this something that can be fixed fairly easily/cheaply or do I need a mechanic to look at it and overcharge me? I'll try to get pictures of it tomorrow evening as I'm on my way to work right now and won't be home till late then I go in early tomorrow (love retail). Any help though would be appreciated. Thank you!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts