1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys !

I really need your help.

The topic is:

We bought a wood land two years ago. So far, I have borrowed the tractor and the snowmobile of the neighbor to pull out lugs.
I don't do it as a living income but I work seriously. I sell about a van or two each fall.

The question is:

I want to be independant this next season. I want to buy a used ATV to pull out logs. I plan to use a small tandem trailor and an ATV skidder for big pieces. I don't know much about ATV. With a budget of 5000$, what is the best machine for my needs ?

Thanks guys. I appreciate your tips.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i don't now what to get, but i have a 1996 polaris magnum 2x4 425 and that cost $3000
we tried it on our float which is a two horse float and it went slowly,but surely with a bit of wheelspin.
hope that helps!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Howdy Lumbertrack!

My two cents worth is that for dragging or hauling logs, you’re probably going to want at least a 650cc or bigger utility 4x4 ATV with a low gear option, (if it’s an automatic transmission) .. But I don’t think you’re going to be able to find a new 650 – 800cc Quad in the $5K price range. Those would start around $7300 and work their way up fast.

You may be able to find a good used model for that money though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts