ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a used Raptor 250 and found that the left footrest mounting is stripped. There are no threads where the bolts labeled 2 in the attached picture go. The top one has been drilled through with a nut on the other end but the bottom is just a bolt into the end of the frame. The top one works but how do I secure the bottom one?

Idea's?

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
do you have access to a welder and a tap?,, I would weld the hole full, drill and tap for a bolt or cut the head off of a bolt weld it in and put a nut and washer on it if there is room,,,

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you don't have a welder like hosehond said i would try a helicoil if the metal is thick enough the kit comes with the drill bit, tap and installation tool.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Metal on the end is thin. I will go look at a helicoil but I also can call in a favor and get access to a welder. Both great ideas thanks. Welding the bolt backward and putting a nut on it may be the best. That will also allow me to use washers to shim it to the best position as well.

Any other ideas? keep them coming thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Metal on the end is thin. I will go look at a helicoil but I also can call in a favor and get access to a welder. Both great ideas thanks. Welding the bolt backward and putting a nut on it may be the best. That will also allow me to use washers to shim it to the best position as well.

Any other ideas? keep them coming thanks!
if you do weld a bolt in as a stud remember to drill the hole out a little with a double size drill bit to give a recess to weld into so the weld is flush with the frame,, less grinding after

1 - 8 of 8 Posts