ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on my 2008 Honda trx 250ex. I am replacing the front brake pads on the machine.

I went through and did the whole shebang... tire off, Pin covers off, pins loosened, Caliper bolts off, Pop out break pads, slide out pins.

Now this is where my problem is, my new brake pads will not fit into the calipers. I have tried taking the old brake pad and a C clamp, and compressing the piston that way, but no cigar. My left side caliper piston is about 1 inch out farther than the right aswell.

Neither will budge.... Im not too sure on what to do? The right side is almost able to squeeze in both brake pads, but there is no way there will be room for the disc in the middle.

Any Ideas on what could be the problem and why it is not compressing like normal? Maybe im missing a bolt or something silly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Most likely you have corrosion inside the caliper. Usually caused by water in the brake fluid.

Removal of the piston would confirm this. It is likely you will up having to replace the caliper(s) assy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts